A Cover Crop & Soil Health Workshop will be held on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at the Adrian Optimist Building in Adrian, MO. (Directions: From 71 Hwy, go west on Hwy 18 into Adrian, MO. At first stop sign, go south 3/4 mile on Old US 71. Building will be on west side of road. Call 660-853-9068 for directions.)
* Integrating livestock grazing into crop rotation
* Utilizing mob grazing techniques
Guest Speakers include:
* Ohio row crop producer with corn, soybean, winter wheat rotation
* Utilizing no-till for 41 years & cover crops for 33 years
* Row crop and livestock producer in Eastern Kansas
*100% No-till since 1995
* Incorporates livestock, intensive grazing, and cover crops into his no-till system
Registration is required by June 15th by calling 660-679-6124 Ext. 3. Lunch is offered by the Bates County Cattlemen's Association.
The event is sponsored by NRCS, MU Extension and Miller Seed Company.