A workshop on composting will be held at the MU Southwest Research Center, 14548 Hwy H, Mt. Vernon, MO 65712 on Thursday, March 27th from 9:30 am - 4:30 pm. The workshop is being offered by Lincoln University Cooperative Extension (LUCE) with a day long workshop on the do’s and dont’s of composting!
· Educational topics include: Aerobic composting, vermicomposting, Effective Microbe
· (EM)/Bokashi composting, and compost tea brewing.
· Learn how to build your own low cost composting bin.
· Overview of GAP and FSMA food safety standards for applying compost to your crops.
· Hands on demonstration
· A registration fee of $10 (includes lunch, materials and entry for one person). A farm may register additional individuals for $10 each (Only one set of training materials per farm).
The workshop will be led by:
· Dr. Hwei-Yiing Johnson, Lincoln University Cooperative Extension
· Patrick Byers, University of Missouri Regional Horticulture Specialist
· Shon Bishop, Lincoln University Cooperative Extension
Make Checks payable to: University of Missouri Extension-Greene County and mail to 2400 S. Scenic Ave. Springfield, MO. 65807.
For more information or to register contact Lorri Winters at 417- 881-8909.