Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Introduction to Poultry Workshop

Have you been thinking about having chickens on your land or a few guinea fowl or maybe even a duck or two and aren't really sure about it? Well the timing is just right, the Innovative Small Farm Outreach Program from Lincoln University is offering a one day workshop on the "Introduction to Poultry."

Topics to be included during the workshop include:
How do I know what is best for my poultry?
What in the heck is a chicken tractor?
How much feed should I give my birds?
Can I Sell meat and eggs?
Where will I find more information and resources about poultry?
Can poultry live in the city?
What is Heifer International?

The workshop will be held on Saturday, January 30, 2010 from 8:30 am – 2:00 pm at the Lafayette County Extension Center, 14 E. 19th St., Higginsville, MO. Registration is $10 per person or $15 per couple. Fee includes lunch. Space is limited. To register or for more information contact: Susan Jaster @ 816-589-4725 or jasters@lincolnu.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment