If you have kids on the farm or if you work with kids who are interested in agriculture, you may want to check out this grant opportunity.
Grants of $500 to $2,500 are made for activities that conform to the mission of the Captain Planet Foundation and are project-based, performed by youth, and have real environmental outcomes. The Captain Planet Foundation primarily makes grants to U.S.-based schools and organizations with an annual budget of less than $3 million.
Grants are made for activities that conform to the mission of the Captain Planet Foundation and MUST have all three of the following to be considered for funding:
- · Be project-based;
- · Projects must be performed by youth; and
- · Projects must have real environmental outcomes.
Grants from the Captain Planet Foundation are intended to:
- · Provide hands-on environmental stewardship opportunities for youth;
- · Serve as a catalyst to getting environment-based education in schools;
- · Inspire youth and communities to participate in community service through environmental stewardship activities.
Preferential consideration is given to requests who have secured at least 50% matching or in-kind funding for their projects. (Projects with matching funds or in-kind support are given priority because external funding is a good indicator of the potential for long-term sustainability of the activities). Captain Planet Foundation may choose to fund a portion of the project budget that best fits within the foundation guidelines or contact an applicant for further discussion.
The application deadline is September 30, 2014. For additional information click here.