Monday, September 14, 2015

New to Farming?

New to Farming? Find Out How to Participate in USDA Programs
  • Proof of Identity: A valid driver's license, passport or other form of personal identification, social security card or IRS paperwork that verifies an Employer Identification Number (EIN). Original documents are required.
  • Proof of Ownership: Copy of the recorded deed or rental agreement as evidence of land ownership or control. 
  • Entity Identification and Status: Copy of the articles of incorporation, trust and estate documents or partnership agreements. 
Beginning farmers and ranchers interested in participating in programs offered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture must first register their farm with the Farm Service Agency (FSA) at one of the local county offices. By voluntarily enrolling the farm, FSA can assist in locating the farmer's land through aerial photography and provide the farmer with a farm number that will be used to manage future program participation. 
When visiting the FSA county office for the first time, bring the following information to expedite enrollment and begin learning about all available benefits.
Farmers should take notice of information that is sent from FSA via newsletters and other direct correspondence. These informational materials provide general program information, eligibility requirements and sign-up dates. To find a local FSA county office visit

No comments:

Post a Comment