What We Know
* Demand for food from local producers is strong.
* Large markets are interested in connecting with local production.
* Farmers and food entrepreneurs are busy supplying it as best they can.
* Major gaps in capacity (production, processing, distribution, and marketing) impede further growth.
What We Want to Discuss
* Controlling product quality and consistency; overcoming seasonality challenges; offering consistent supply to match demand; ensuring food traceability and food safety; infrastructure to supply larger volumes; steadier pricing; capacity development; managing increased need for labor.
Who Should Attend
* Local producers, food hub and farmer’s market coordinators/managers buyers, processors, food retailers, food distributors, food service management
* Food system financiers, large systems, intermediaries, public health advocates, planners
* Government officials, supporting organizations, consumers, community leaders
* All interested in building economic development through expanded marketing opportunities for local food
Workshop Dates and Information
Registration & Check-in will begin at 8:30 am prior to workshop on Nov. 5 & 6
9:00 am – 5:00 pm | Thursday, November 5, 2015: Scaling-up Workshop: Lunch provided
9:00 am – 4:00 pm | Friday, November 6, 2015: Introduction to GAPS
9:00 am – 12:00 pm | Saturday, November 7, 2015: Preparing the Farm Food Safety Plan
Location: Springfield-Greene County Botanical Center; 2400 Scenic Ave., Springfield MO 65807
Costs: Nov 5 only: $40.00 Nov 6 & 7 together: $40.00 All 3 days: $70.00
To Register: Call 417-881-8909 or e-mail Clarissa Hatley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Space is limited! Pre-registration Deadline is October 31!
Late registrations will result in an added fee of $5