The Ozark Farmers Agricultural Co-op is hosting a Food Safety – From Field to Market Workshop from 1 to 4 pm on Wednesday January 22nd at the Howell County Extension Center, 217 S. Aid Ave, West Plains, MO. The Extension Center is two blocks south of the main square in West Plains.
Topics to be covered:
- What is Food Safety
- Importance of Food Safety
- State Regulations for Selling to the public
- Food Safety Concerns in the Field: Field preparation & planting, manure usage & crop cultural guidelines
- Irrigation Methods and Associated Issues
- Harvest and Post Harvest Safety
- Food Safety- Field to Market
- GAP - Good Agriculture Practices on the farm
Presenters: Russell Lilly, Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services and Patrick Byers, Horticulturist, University of Missouri Extension, Greene County
Participants who complete the workshop will receive a certificate of completion.
Cost is $5.00. Please e-mail or call 417-255-0950 to register.
Seating is limited so early registration is recommended.